Anita Vergis is a strong anchor in the Class Action practice group at Klein Lawyers where she acts for plaintiffs in the Zimmer Durom Hip Implant litigation. Anita has an extensive litigation background having appeared as counsel before all levels of court in British Columbia and is comfortable with managing sensitive and complex issues.
Besides being a lawyer Anita is also a Certified Mediator. Anita received her mediation training at Harvard Law School; and is a former business owner and service provider involved in coordinating thousands of mediations/arbitrations using a roster of over 50 retired judges, lawyers and other professionals while considering the needs, personal preferences and biases of the parties. Anita designed the Fast Track Mediation System for clients, allowing claims with no liability or credibility issues to be mediated in a cost effective way.
Practice Areas – Class Action
- Harvard Law School, Mediation Training, 1996
- University of New Brunswick, LLB 1985
- University of British Columbia, BHE in Child and Family Development, 1982
- British Columbia, 1986
- Lawyer at Klein Lawyers, 2014 – present
- A. Anita Vergis Dispute Resolution Services Law Corporation, 1996 – present
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Center (Vancouver), 1996 – 2001
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Vice President, Commercial Mediation Association, 2001-present
- PREP Teacher, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, September 2008-present
- Board of Directors, Dunbar Soccer Association, May 2010-2011
- Mediation Coach, Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- Regional Charter Mediator Accreditation Committee, British Columba Arbitration Mediation Institute, 2005-2009