Drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians converge at intersections. Because they come from different directions at different speeds, it can create confusing situations. If they fail to stop as required at a stop sign or red light, or if they simply fail to pay attention to what they are doing, crashes can easily happen. In fact, according to ICBC statistics, roughly 87,000 accidents occur each year at British Columbia intersections.
If you were recently involved in an auto accident at an intersection in Vancouver or elsewhere in B.C., you will need to establish who was at fault – you or another party. The determination of fault will determine how much compensation you are able to recover for your losses.
You should seek help from an experienced Vancouver car accident lawyer from Klein Lawyers. We have more than 20 years of experience with handling ICBC claims on behalf of car accident victims and their families. We will know how to determine fault in your intersection crash and pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to discuss your case.
When you file a no-fault benefits claim or tort claim with ICBC after an intersection accident, an ICBC claims adjuster will review your case and determine who was at fault. To make this determination, the adjuster will:
Every case is different. The determination of fault in your case will depend on its specific facts. However, some of the common fault determinations in intersection accidents are:
After reviewing the evidence and applying the law to the facts of your case, an ICBC claims adjuster will determine whether your or the other driver are 100 percent at fault or whether you share fault. For instance, the adjuster may decide that you were 25 percent at fault, while the other driver was 75 percent to blame. This determination is important. Consider the following:
Remember: You have the right to appeal any ICBC fault determination. You can go through the ICBC’s Claims Assessment Review process or take your case to court.
If you wish to appeal ICBC’s determination of fault in your intersection accident, Klein Lawyers will protect your rights. We can conduct our own investigation of your crash, consult with experts and aggressively challenge ICBC’s findings on your behalf. Additionally, we will make sure that all paperwork is timely filed in your appeal.
Our goal will to be to recover maximum compensation for you. We want to make sure that you get the funds you deserve for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering and more.
With a legal team of more than 50 staff members and offices that feature cutting-edge technology, Klein Lawyers can offer the resources you need to establish who was at fault in your intersection accident. You can count on our firm to pursue full and fair compensation for you. To learn more, contact us today and receive a free consultation about your case.