Troop 17 Scholarship Winners Announced
As a part of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Harassment settlement, also known as the Merlo Davidson settlement, the RCMP has initiated a scholarship for students who have made significant contributions to the prevention of bullying and harassment in their schools and communities.
The Troop 17 Scholarship recipients were recently announced. Klein Lawyers would like to recognize the amazing efforts of the following students:
- Marie-Ève Simard, Quebec City, Quebec
- Rebecca J. Bagan, Outremont, Quebec
- Sebastian Bodine, Nelson, British Columbia
- Shelly Robichaud, Bathurst, New Brunswick
- Taylor Osarchuk Maddox, Port Robinson, Ontario
- Each recipient will receive $1000.
Brenda Lucki, Commissioner of the RCMP, stated:
The RCMP is proud to support the education of students who have made a real difference in their schools and communities by having the courage to stand up to bullying and harassment. I congratulate this year’s recipients on their accomplishments and thank them for helping support a culture of inclusion and respect across Canada.