Coquitlam Car Accident Lawyer
As the six-largest city in the province of British Columbia, and with roadways like the Trans-Canada Highway and Lougheed Highway running through the city, it’s no surprise that car accidents happen on a routine basis in Coquitlam.
When a car accident occurs that leaves a person with property damage expenses, injuries, or both, retaining the counsel of an experienced Coquitlam car accident lawyer is advised. At Klein Lawyers, our team is here to serve you ─ please call us today for your free consultation.
How Our Coquitlam Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our Coquitlam car accident lawyers can guide you through filing a claim with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) and pursuing the compensation that you deserve. Our team will work diligently to:
- Investigate your case – Determining fault in an auto accident requires a thorough investigation, something that we work with experts and accident reconstruction professionals to manage.
- Report your claim to ICBC – In addition to explaining your legal options in depth, we can handle all interactions with ICBC on your behalf, including reporting your claim to ICBC.
- Negotiate your claim and pursue the full compensation that you deserve – We will document all the damages you have suffered and review any settlement offer from ICBC. Our goal is to recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. Throughout the process, we handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on what’s most important: your recovery.
- Ensure ICBC pays all covered treatment costs associated with your recovery.
Steps to Take after a Car Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident in Coquitlam, it’s important to take certain steps as soon as possible to preserve your right to damages. These steps include:
- Seek medical care as soon as possible and document all care received.
- Report your accident to the police, and request a copy of the accident report.
- Report your accident to ICBC – you can do this online or by phone. Give the basic facts about what happened but do not admit fault.
- Hire an experienced car accident lawyer for representation.
The sooner that you hire a lawyer, the better. An experienced legal team will want to begin investigating your crash and collecting documentation as soon as possible to build a strong claim for compensation.
What Types of ICBC Claims Are Available to You?
ICBC allows those who are involved in a crash to file various types of claims. These include:
- Collision claims – After a crash, you can file a claim to get an estimate of the damages to your vehicle and, hopefully, an appropriate settlement.
- Injury claims – You deserve to be compensated for the injuries you have suffered in a crash in Coquitlam. By filing an ICBC claim, you can seek payment for your medical expenses.
- Wage loss assistance claims – As part of your injury claim, you may also be eligible to seek wage loss assistance benefits, also called disability benefits. These benefits are often available for all drivers through their basic coverage plan, regardless of who is at fault for an accident.
As a note, drivers can pursue both no-fault claims and tort claims, depending on the circumstances of the case.
Contact Our Coquitlam Car Accident Lawyers Now
To learn more about how our car accident lawyers in Coquitlam can help you, please call our law office directly or send a message requesting a free consultation. We know how to effectively handle ICBC claims and pursue fair settlements for our clients. Reach us today to get started.