Langley Car Accident Lawyers
A car accident can be a frightening and emotional event. It can leave you out of work, struggling to cover your bills and experiencing lots of pain. Worse yet, you could face ever-escalating medical expenses for hospital bills, prescription medications and treatment costs.
If you are injured in a car accident in Langley or a nearby area in British Columbia, turn to Klein Lawyers, LLP. We are a devoted team of experienced personal injury lawyers who will work hard for you and pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Here are some things to remember if you are in a car accident in Langley:
Steps to Take After an Accident
After a car accident, it is important that you follow these steps to protect your rights.
- Call for help. You need to get police and emergency medical crews to the scene right away to treat the injured and secure the scene. This protects the public and helps to document the event.
- Don’t admit fault. Ask if everyone is OK, but do not make any admissions. Instead, just let others involved know that you have called for help and wait patiently for the police and emergency responders to arrive.
- Take photos. If it is safe to do so, take pictures of any damage to vehicles or the scene. You should try to get photos of the front and back of the vehicles as well as the sides and even the interiors. If there are any skid marks or debris, try to document this as well.
- Get to the hospital. Even if you believe that you have only minor soreness, you should be seen by trained medical staff at a hospital. Some injuries may be very serious yet not manifest symptoms for weeks afterward. If you delay treatment, you may jeopardize your ICBC claim.
- Get help from a lawyer immediately. Once you have received medical attention and you are safe, contact an experienced Langley car accident lawyer who will investigate your accident and injuries and fight to protect your rights.
- Stay away from social media. This is not the time to post items about your crash on Facebook or other social media sites. Generally speaking, you should avoid posting anything about yourself on social media until your ICBC claim is resolved.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Langley
Car accidents occur for many different reasons in Langley. Unfortunately, driver negligence often serves as the cause. As our lawyers have seen, some of the most common causes are:
- Drunk drivers (impaired by alcohol and/or drugs)
- Distracted drivers (texting or talking on the phone)
- Fatigued drivers (failing to pay attention or falling asleep at the wheel)
- Speeding drivers (driving too fast for conditions)
- Reckless drivers (making dangerous passes, running red lights, tailgating or engaging in other aggressive behavior)
- Inexperienced drivers (young drivers who lack judgment and driving skills).
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Many of the people that our Langley car accident lawyers assist suffer from injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Back and spine injuries
- Head traumas and brain injuries
- Muscle and soft-tissue injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Emotional upset including anxiety, insomnia or P.T.S.D.
In the most serious car accidents, people can suffer from:
- Spinal cord injuries
Injured people in British Columbia have a right to file their claim with ICBC and can seek compensation for damages such as lost wages, incurred medical costs and future medical expenses (including rehabilitation). You may be eligible for other types of ICBC benefits. Our firm will help you to explore all options available to you.
Our Langley Car Accident Lawyers Are Committed to Your Needs
At Klein Lawyers, LLP, we are committed to serving the needs of injured people throughout British Columbia. Our Langley car accident lawyers will work closely with you and your doctors to ensure your needs are met from start to finish. With numerous offices, you can easily find our car accident lawyers in Langley as well as throughout the province. To learn more, schedule a free consultation today.