Abbotsford Car Accident Lawyers
Every year, throughout Vancouver and surrounding areas such as Abbotsford, thousands of people are hurt in car accidents. No one plans to be in a car accident, and certainly no one plans to suffer catastrophic injuries. Still, it can happen to anyone.
At Klein Lawyers, LLP, we understand how the ICBC claims process can be daunting. Few people want to deal with the complex process of pursuing a claim with ICBC. Fortunately, our team can help. Give us a call to speak with one of our Abbotsford accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
What To Do After an Accident in Abbotsford
Bordering the U.S. and sitting along the Trans-Canada Highway, Abbotsford, is a wonderful British Columbia community with a thriving local economy. As more people are drawn to the area, traffic – and accidents – will increase as well. After a car accident in Abbotsford, follow these steps to protect your rights:
- Move your car if you are blocking traffic, and it is safe for you to move it.
- Check for injuries and call for emergency medical help, if needed.
- Call the police.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all other drivers.
- Do not discuss fault or admit liability.
- Keep notes if possible.
- Take photos of everything, including all vehicles involved in the crash and the surrounding scene.
- See a doctor to get examined and start treatment for your injuries.
- Call Klein Lawyers for a free consultation.
Why Do Car Accidents Happen in Abbotsford?
Driver error serves as one of the leading causes of car accidents in Abbotsford and other areas of British Columbia. Here are just a few of the most common causes of crashes:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Driver inexperience
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right of way.
How Our Abbotsford Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our experienced car accident lawyers know the specific procedures for handling insurance claims in British Columbia. In our province, as the victim of a motor vehicle crash, you have a right to be compensated for your injuries. This is accomplished by filing a claim with ICBC. A successful claim can help you to recover compensation such as:
- Money to help fix or replace your damaged vehicle
- Compensation to help you pay your medical expenses
- Additional funds to help you cover future medical care and ongoing treatments
- Compensation for related out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred due to the collision
- Money to replace your lost income, as well as money to help replace your income if you are no longer able to earn the same living after the collision.
Contact Our Abbotsford Car Accident Lawyers
After a car accident, call Klein Lawyers, LLP. Our office will connect you with one of our experienced Abbotsford car accident lawyers who can listen to you and provide caring advice when you need it. With offices throughout BC, we work hard to make it easy and convenient for you to get the legal help you need after an accident. Our consultations are free. So, contact us today to discuss your accident.