Being involved in a car accident in Surrey is a stressful experience. It’s even more terrifying if you or someone you love is seriously injured in the collision. Even though it may feel like the last thing you want to do, speaking to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible is the best way to protect your legal rights.
Klein Lawyers represents auto accident victims in Surrey and surrounding British Columbia communities. For more than 20 years, our skilled lawyers have helped clients resolve their Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) claims and recover the compensation that they deserve. We can help you, too.
Car accident victims who are injured due to no fault of their own may be eligible to file an ICBC claim for compensation against the at-fault driver. Benefits can cover accident-related costs such as medical bills, prescription medications, assistive devices and rehabilitation. You may also be entitled to partial compensation for lost wages if your injuries kept you from working. But the amount paid can vary greatly, which is why it’s important to have an experienced car accident lawyer by your side.
Our ICBC lawyers handle hundreds of car accident claims for injured people throughout British Columbia every year. We also work with clients who have also been hurt in bicycle accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle crashes and pedestrian accidents. Our goal is to make sure that you obtain the compensation you need for financial, physical and emotional healing.
Call or contact us online now to find out how we can help get a full and fair settlement for you.
Common Car Accidents in Surrey
Surrey is the second-largest city in British Columbia, falling only behind Vancouver. The thriving community’s population is projected to exceed Vancouver’s by 2030. But with that growth will also come more traffic — and an increased likelihood of car accidents. There were an estimated 330,000 motor vehicle collisions in British Columbia in a single recent year, and 64,000 of those accidents resulted in an injury or death.
At Klein Lawyers, we know that motor vehicle accidents are a problem in Surrey. The intersection of 88th Avenue and King George Boulevard is ranked among the top 10 crash sites in the Lower Mainland, according to the most recent ICBC statistics. Other dangerous intersections along the King George corridor are at 72nd and 64th Avenues, and major arteries such as Highway 1, Highway 99 and Highway 15 bring countless motorists through Surrey every day.
ICBC statistics show car accidents are most common in Surrey at these locations:
- 88th Avenue and King George Boulevard
- 72nd Avenue and King George Boulevard
- Pattullo Bridge
- 152nd Street and 56th Avenue
- 64th Avenue and King George Boulevard
- 128th Street and King George Boulevard
- 120th Street and 72nd Avenue
- Port Mann Bridge
- 96th Avenue and Fraser Highway
Transportation officials are working to account for the expected influx of people by laying the groundwork for the Surrey light rail transit system in the city’s busiest areas. Road improvements are also expected to ease congestion in the coming years.
What to Do if You Have Been in an Auto Accident in Surrey
A car accident happens fast. The moments after impact are often confusing, leaving many accident victims wondering what to do next. If you are able, there are several other things you can do at the accident scene to protect your legal rights.
- Check for obvious injuries and call for emergency assistance.
- Do not move your vehicle unless it is obstructing traffic.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, addresses, insurance and driver’s license information of every person involved in the car accident. Make sure to get the name of the insurance company if the car is from the U.S. as well.
- Write down the license plate numbers (including province) of all motor vehicles involved in the crash.
- Never admit fault for the accident.
- Get contact information for any witnesses.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the crash.
- Draw a sketch of the accident scene and write down your memories of the event.
- Photograph any injuries or other significant physical evidence, such as torn clothing. Evidence is easily lost, so your pictures may become a key part of your claim during the accident investigation.
- Visit your doctor. Many car accident injuries do not show up for a couple of days or weeks after the incident. Delayed-onset injuries, such as whiplash, need treatment and can be costly.
- Report the accident to ICBC. You can call Dial-a-Claim at (800) 910- 4222 or (604) 520- 8222. It’s also possible to make a claim online. If you have private insurance in addition to ICBC coverage, notify that insurer as well.
- Keep all accident-related receipts and documentation.
- Contact Klein Lawyers for a free consultation.
We Can Help with Your ICBC Accident Claim
Navigating the ICBC claim system can be tricky. It’s rarely as simple as filing a claim and getting a reasonable settlement. Most people are offered settlements far below what they are actually entitled to. Unfortunately, many are duped into accepting the amount because they don’t realize that they are being lowballed or are too discouraged by the process to keep fighting.
Our seasoned ICBC car accident lawyers know the tricks that adjusters will try to use to lessen your settlement payout. We will build a strong claim that proves the true impact that the car accident has had on your life.
Klein Lawyers will:
- Investigate your claim thoroughly.
- Contact experts who can testify to the seriousness of your injuries and their long-term consequences.
- File all documents on time.
- Communicate with you regularly about your case.
- Help you negotiate a settlement or go to court if ICBC refuses to make a fair offer.
- Make sure the funds are disbursed in a timely manner once all fees are paid.
Reach Out to Our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers Today
There is no charge to have a consultation with one of our ICBC lawyers. If you have been injured in Surrey or a neighboring area, contact us today.